D11410: [RFC] Add option to make applet fixed width

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 19 14:40:06 UTC 2018

mart added a comment.

  it's moving on the right track.. i would like the checkbox to appear like the one in the panel spacer, in the context menu could be tricky as would need to inject into the applet's contextualactons, so let's forget about it for now.

  one thing that could be done is to put that button in the applet handle that appears on hover when the panel controller is open, with the same icon of the add panel spacer in a checkable toolbutton (just icon, tooltip on hover) the panel spacer should use the same config ui.

  i would like to expose this ui only for applets that want to expand, and not for those that are already compact (i don't think this option would make any sense in kicoff for instance)

  now, on the configuration side.. it's interesting the approach you took with a list of ids in the panel config, i tought more on something directly down in libplsma's applet, but this stays more confined to the panel, so i like it.

INLINE COMMENTS

> main.xml:13
> +    <entry name="fixedSizeOverride" type="IntList">
> +      <label>list of items for which we set fillWidth = false</label>
> +    </entry>

list of applet ids that should not have an expanding size policy to save space

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop