D11308: Use the default Plasma wallpaper on the lock screen

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 16 17:23:40 UTC 2018

graesslin added a comment.

  In D11308#227357 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11308#227357>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D11308#227356 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11308#227356>, @graesslin wrote:
  >
  > > In D11308#227334 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11308#227334>, @ngraham wrote:
  > >
  > > > Also, Martin, this isn't about re-using the desktop wallpaper on the lock screen. It's about using the current Plasma wallpaper on the lock screen. Distros can and do override the desktop wallpaper but to my knowledge most don't currently override the lockscreen background, right?
  > >

  > > At least on Debian our default wallpaper is not installed and replaced by Debian's default wallpaper. This change is so deep that it even overrides my local plasma installation.
  >

  > 1. That seems like a downstream bug; they should be adding wallpapers and overriding defaults using config files, not replacing our defaults (with potentially invasive code changes?). Can you engage with the Debian folks to get that fixed?

  I'm certainly not going to play don Quixote against Debian packaging policies. I currently don't even have time to review KWin changes...

  > 2. Does the wallpaper they chose make the white lock screen text unreadable?

  Debian tends to change the wallpaper late in the cycle. I cannot tell you how the wallpaper will look like together with this change. I can tell you that Debian will ship it broken and their policies will make it impossible to change once the freeze is in place. And I can tell you that Debian will certainly not adjust the lnf package. Nobody looks at the big picture - there's a team doing keep packaging and a team doing wallpapers. Expecting them to work together seems unreasonable. Apparently the ice team does not even have influence on what's getting installed in a default ice install, because that's another team.

  Welcome to the reality of distros. And in many other distros it doesn't look different. Most distros are understaffed and only do packaging. Nobody will notice if this breaks till it's too late. And then we will get the blame for doing such  a change. And we cannot say we didn't know.

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker