D11308: Use the default Plasma wallpaper on the lock screen

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 16 17:13:01 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D11308#227356 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11308#227356>, @graesslin wrote:

  > In D11308#227334 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11308#227334>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Also, Martin, this isn't about re-using the desktop wallpaper on the lock screen. It's about using the current Plasma wallpaper on the lock screen. Distros can and do override the desktop wallpaper but to my knowledge most don't currently override the lockscreen background, right?
  >

  > At least on Debian our default wallpaper is not installed and replaced by Debian's default wallpaper. This change is so deep that it even overrides my local plasma installation.

  1. That seems like a downstream bug; they should be adding wallpapers and overriding defaults using config files, not replacing our defaults (with potentially invasive code changes?). Can you engage with the Debian folks to get that fixed?
  2. Does the wallpaper they chose make the white lock screen text unreadable?

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker