D11308: Use the default Plasma wallpaper on the lock screen

Christian noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 16 16:02:43 UTC 2018

Fuchs added a comment.

  Personal opinions, based on discussions here and on TG

  - fixed, (default) wallpaper has the advantage of not risking privacy, not munching power and being usable in, at least from login to desktop to lock screen, have a consistent feel for new users. Downside is that it needs to be ensured, on every single new wallpaper release, that it looks good and is perfectly readable

  - slideshow: looks nice, but eats battery and is rarely ever seen, since the default use case of a lock screen is  "I am away from my device". Also in this case it has to look good and be readable on every potential wallpaper that might show up.

  - fixed colour: consistent from boot to desktop, simple, efficient. But apparently some people think it's not sexy.

  My personal preference is thus, in that order, default wallpaper, fixed colour, slide show.  Assuming we test and ensure that the default wallpaper looks good and all text is easy to read.

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker