D11308: Use the default Plasma wallpaper on the lock screen

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 16 15:26:44 UTC 2018

graesslin added a comment.

  @ngraham Let's try to not work against our distros. Yes we could change that because we are upstream, we set the default. The result would be distros swapping the wallpaper and we have unreadable text. This is something which will happen, I have been too long in this business to not expect otherwise. We want to provide a good experience for everyone. And that means this change just cannot go in, sorry about that.

  I understand that you want to improve the situation, but we need to think in the big picture. And that is all distros change wallpapers. Debian does, openSUSE does, Fedora does. The only distro I know which does not exchange the default wallpaper is Kubuntu. Sorry, we just cannot do a change which renders the text possibly unreadable on most systems.

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker