D11352: [RFC] Auto ordered systray

Radek HuĊĦek noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 16 08:04:06 UTC 2018

Pitel added a comment.

  In D11352#227065 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11352#227065>, @wsdfhjxc wrote:

  > Doesn't seem to work for me. Only Notifications item is visible by default while there are multiple items set to be shown in the configuration. Also, changing the visibility state doesn't make any difference and the items are neither in panel nor in hidden panel, they just disappear. Only after going through configuration and manually switching every item to hidden and then to shown makes most of them visible.

  That seems like you are getting some javascript error in `updateItemVisibility`. Can look at what plasma shell is reporting (or paste it here)?

  > As for the item order, those categories are rather broad and sorting the items by their ids or texts within them will always produce odd results. Given there is a limited pool of known embedded items, maybe it would be better to predefine ordering values for some of them (battery=0, volume=1, networks=2, ..., kdeconnect=5, devicenotifier=6, printers=7, etc.) to make the actual groups more sensible for humans?

  I do not like the idea of large per applet order list because it will always be incomplete and give ugly results if user chooses to replace e.g. usual battery applet with some custom one. If we conclude that sort based on categories + text is no sufficient I would strongly prefer using D11292 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11292> possibly with a larger default config rather hardcoding half random long list into `main.qml`. (Long list in default config is fine by me because user can modify that to their wishes.)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace