D11352: [RFC] Auto ordered systray

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 15 19:59:06 UTC 2018

mart added a comment.

  I like where this is going! (will still have to test it running tough)

  one general thing i wonder, is if would be better to implementthe whole reorderItem() logic on the c++ side as is potentially heavy and complicated.. (and the actual reordering needs to be done in c++ already anyways)

INLINE COMMENTS

> AbstractItem.qml:81
> +    function updateVisibility() {
> +        Qt.callLater(updateItemVisibility, abstractItem)
> +    }

what's the reson for using callLater?

> main.qml:65
> +    ]
> +    function getCategoryOrder(item) {
> +        if (item.itemId == "org.kde.plasma.notifications") {

as convention we usually don't have getFoo as names (and this is not getting a property anyways)
i would like a more descriptive name like indexForCategory and have the category as parameter instead of the item

> main.qml:79
> +    function reorderItem(item, container) {
> +        if (container.children.length == 0) {
> +            item.parent = container

i like the logic, but add some comments on what is doing

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace