D11292: [RFC] Ordered system tray v2

Wojciech Stachurski noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 13 19:20:14 UTC 2018

wsdfhjxc added a comment.

  In D11292#224949 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11292#224949>, @Pitel wrote:

  > I am aware of `getFixedItemId`, only forgot to mention it in summary. Right now it is not included mostly because it is another hack (but fixing stupid behavior of someone else so unavoidable) and I do not use DropBox, but if this gets any closer to landing, we should reintroduce it.

  As you said, that was a hack, and honestly I don't think it should be included because it's not the system tray applet's job to fix item identificators. Maybe some other component, e.g. related to StatusNotifier item registration, would be the place to look into. If not, the Dropbox client would be exceptionally placed always at the last position, but still there is a problem with previous entries stalled in the config property.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace