D11261: Add a button to clear the notification history

Christian noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 12 14:27:18 UTC 2018

Fuchs added a comment.

  In D11261#224058 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11261#224058>, @abetts wrote:

  > In D11261#224056 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11261#224056>, @Fuchs wrote:
  >
  > > In D11261#224054 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11261#224054>, @abetts wrote:
  > >
  > > > We have discussed something like this before. My only worry with this implementation is that we have so much red on the screen that it becomes distracting. Not the fault of this patch, but I am wondering if there is a way that we can use a monochrome X button?
  > >

  > > Both broulik and I would have prefered the trash icon, however, due to consistency ...
  > >
  > > red, on the other hand, is good. It is a destructive action which can't be undone, so a bit of red doesn't hurt.
  >

  > Then please use the same X icon at the top of the list, to clear all.

  I am definitely not going to use the same icon for different actions, sorry. That goes against everything I've been taught in UX and, for destructive actions, is in my opinion quite catastrophic. If two buttons do different things, they should not have the same icon.

  What should be fixed is that action-delete is something else in plasma (see screenshot) than in non-plasma (where it is a trash can, which would work).  If that is fixed, the icon also looks better, and fixed across every piece of qml that uses it. But that's a different bug.

  A different icon that has been proposed is "clear-all", however, due to the nature of that icon  (a left pointing arrow) it also looks wrong. Once that is fixed, I'd be willing to change to clear-all, but then as well it should be fixed across plasma, and not only in this plasmoid here.

  tl;dr:   until some icons are fixed and more global discussions have been held, I am not going to alter this change further.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace