D11233: Ordered system tray

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 11 22:56:20 UTC 2018

broulik added a comment.

  Before the rewrite in Plasma 5.7 System Tray icons were automatically sorted based on their type (e.g. Hardware stuff, applications, Status indicators) so the positions were somewhat consistent. I don't really like the idea of adding a huge save and restoration logic to an already fragile codebase, let alone arrows to rearrange them manually.

  Drag and drop might be an acceptable way to rearrange them but then I think we should just have a smarter more predictable sorting logic (currently it's on a first come first serve basis) and the need for this should go away.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace