D11069: [WIP] refine decoration shadows

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 8 15:45:16 UTC 2018

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  > Some questions:
  >
  > - Do we really need different shadow sizes for menus, etc? Can we use single shadow size in kstyle?

  I'd say yes, as soon as you provide different shadow sizes for the windows (that also answers the last question)

  > - Do menus have outlines? If you look at picture above, you can see grey "gap" between menu and submenu.

  yes menus have outlines. In fact, in the old shadows, windows also had an outline. (drawn with the shadow).
  We want to keep it as far as I know.

  > - What's the best way to share code between KStyle and KDecoration plugin? (currently, I'm symlinking files)

  File links is not an option.  (it breaks when you make tarballs of when compiling on e.g. windows)
  You would need to move the files away in a separate folder, compile them in a library, link the library to both kstyle and kdecoration. Oxygen does that.

  > In addition to the first question, it's a little bit weird that changing window decoration shadow size also changes shadows "in apps" (e.g. menu shadows would have different size, etc).

  Why weird ? if I want "large shadows" I want them large for everything that have shaodws (with possible hierarchy). And if I want small I want them all small.
  That seems natural to me.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze