D11148: Move applet packages' /code subdirs below /ui subdirs

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 7 21:10:03 UTC 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D11148#221135 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11148#221135>, @broulik wrote:

  > Well, the package definition says JS files must (should) be in "code", I don't see the advantage of moving this.

  That would the be another place to fix.

  Motivation for this and the other patches is this from today:

  [17:20] <frinring> notmart: hi. quick question: what is it with all the warnings "Warning: all files used by qml by the plasmoid should be in ui/." for *.js files which seem by standard located in the sibling "code/"  directory instead? there are quite some during plasmashell run
  [17:21] <frinring> is that a bogus warning which should be fixed for js files? or should js files be relocated in the future?
  [17:25] <notmart> frinring: yeah, js files should be relocated in the future
  [17:26] <frinring> notmart: what would be the new recommendation? ui/code/
  [17:27] <notmart> frinring: we used to have a very complicated rewrite for accessing files for doing things like that and force js from there
  [17:28] <notmart> then, profiling ended up eating a non trascurable time of bootup :)
  [17:28] <notmart> frinring: so yeah, either in ui/ directly or in ui/code which is cleaner, so it doesn't weight onto that

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop