D7087: Add "Copy Info" button to the About System KCM

gregormi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 7 11:21:41 UTC 2018

gregormi added a comment.

  In D7087#207306 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7087#207306>, @rkflx wrote:

  > In D7087#207286 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7087#207286>, @dhaumann wrote:
  >
  > > In fact, I wonder whether there already is a script or similar helper tools that give you this kind of system information. I currently do not remember, though... Anyone else?
  >

  > Do you mean `inxi -Fxxxz`? Surely that's material for a different patch, but might be a nice idea to integrate. It's more hardware related, though, less about software versions.
  >
  > I guess for a useful https://bugs.kde.org report the only thing missing is the KDE Applications version and some info about the graphics card + driver.

  Oh, that's a nice tool. Having that in the menu would help not to forget its existence.

  In D7087#220251 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7087#220251>, @rkflx wrote:

  > In D7087#207286 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D7087#207286>, @dhaumann wrote:
  >
  > > In fact, I wonder whether there already is a script or similar helper tools that give you this kind of system information. I currently do not remember, though... Anyone else?
  >

  > Try #2: Did you mean this?:
  >
  >   qdbus org.kde.KWin /KWin supportInformation

  This output contains much KWin specific information. But why not.

  By the way, on Netrunner's Plasma the About System dialog looks like this: http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/netrunner-desktop-16-09-avalon-linux-os-is-out-with-kernel-4-7-kde-plasma-5-7-510007-3.jpg: it adds Graphics and Network information.

  **And how **to go forward with this particular patch: If there are no objections I will proceed with Dominik's label suggestion as it is "simple, easy to understand and extend, and all the copy-to-clipboard code is in one place" and it looks good to solve the i18n issue.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dhaumann wrote in Module.cpp:256
> Nitpicking: Why do you declare the clipboard here, when you use it only 10 lines later? :-) Better would be:
>
>   QGuiApplication::clipboard()->setText(text);
>
> So just one line at the end.

Good question :). I'll fix that.

REPOSITORY
  R102 KInfoCenter