D11069: [WIP] refine decoration shadows

Vlad Zagorodniy noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 6 14:31:17 UTC 2018

zzag added a comment.

  In D11069#219980 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11069#219980>, @hpereiradacosta wrote:

  > - I agree with Nathan that the bottom part is likely too hard.

  I've added opacity prop so different shadows could be tweaked("darkess" at the bottom is coming from the contrast shadow). Also, shadow strength is ignored... And again, shadow params is an open question.

  > - I think the same shadows should be used for windows and menus

  Yep, that's why I rejected the idea to approximate deco shadows. I've been thinking about moving shadow creation logic out so it could be used by KDecoration and KStyle plugin. What's your opinion on this?

  I would like to get input from VDG folks how menu shadows should look like.

  > - Also, thanks for posting the pictures. Is there any chance you could also post new vs old shadows side by side for the different sizes ? I have the feeling that for a given shadow size the new shadows appear larger ...

  OK. I'll post later.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze