D10973: [media controller applet] Support MPRIS services where CanPause==false

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 6 09:13:39 UTC 2018

kossebau marked an inline comment as done.
kossebau added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in main.qml:91
> Shouldn't that be a binding? If the player cannot pause, the entry would just not show up rather than become disabled, ie. keep the action as "playPause" maybe?

Not sure myself (but the doubled canPause looks strange on second read).

In the context menu of the taskmanager all media actions are kept and only disabled if not possible, with play/pause action though being same and switching label for canPause.
Would be good to be consistent. Not sure what I prefer.

So no menu entry for Play if playing and !canPause? Instead of disabled menu entry?

> broulik wrote in main.qml:149
> Not a huge fan of that stopped icon in the panel

The icon will not be visible in the system tray, as it's only used when neither playing or paused, and then the status is passive, so hidden in system tray.

Showing the stopped icon on the compact version of the applet in general makes sense for me, to really show it's in a different state.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace