D10890: Prepare for KIO KRecentDocument fix (D10863)

Алексей Шилин noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 2 11:50:27 UTC 2018

aleksejshilin added a comment.

  In D10890#215479 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10890#215479>, @anthonyfieroni wrote:

  > So why you called hack, why no just add conditional compilation against 5.44

  Alright, I re-read the summary and admit that it's somewhat confusing. Sorry for that. I'll try to make it clear:

  - This is a workaround for a bug when items opened from e.g. Dolphin don't show up in kicker's and taskmanager's application context menus. It is caused by:
    1. KIO KRecentDocument bug, which led to application name (<app>) being stored in recent documents DB instead of its desktop entry name (org.kde.<app>). It mostly affects items which are opened from applications themselves. (The bug is fixed in D10863 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10863>, but not landed yet.)
    2. Kicker and taskmanager cutting out 'org.kde.' prefix (in order to work around the bug above, I believe).
    3. Items opened with KRun (which is what Dolphin is using) having correct org.kde.<app> record stored in the DB. As a result, they don't match recent documents query by kicker and taskmanager and hence don't show up there.
  - The workaround is needed for Plasma 5.12 only as it depends on Frameworks >= 5.42 i.e. we don't know if the version we're running on does contain D10863 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10863>.
    - If it doesn't, we need to query for both <app> and org.kde.<app>.
    - If it does, we only need to query for org.kde.<app>. However, querying for both will do no harm either.
  - We need to fix Plasma first because otherwise kicker's and taskmanager's recent documents feature will break completely when Frameworks containing D10863 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10863> is released.

  So the plan (as discussed with @broulik on IRC) is to work around the issue in Plasma/5.12, then land D10863 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10863>, then remove the hack with cutting out 'org.kde.' in master (I'll do it in a separate revision).

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop