D13481: Recommend window border size "None"

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 20 21:39:09 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D13481#280767 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D13481#280767>, @romangg wrote:

  > What I thought of as a solution back when it happened was to check if it's a single click on the dead zone without mouse movement, then activate the window below. Since if you want to use the virtual border, you would move the mouse after press to drag. Not sure if it's worth it since as said, never disturbed my work flow afterwards again.

  What you propose is an intriguing idea and I rather like it. Might be a nice little touch. That said, macOS has had borderless windows and an external resize area since OS X Lion (released in 2011) and even they don't implement anything like that. Clicks get eaten in the "dead zone" there too.

  Since that time--and including 7 years working as an Apple engineer--I don't recall encountering a single a piece of negative user feedback about this. I don't think it's an issue in real life. So your proposal is certainly a "nice-to-have", but I don't think it's a "must have" before we can proceed here.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze