D13481: Recommend window border size "None"

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 20 19:02:38 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Right. That's not a workflow I think I've ever seen anyone do with a windowed game. For anyone who wants to do that, they can always turn the borders back on. Or just resize one of the windows slightly so the dead zone doesn't overlap the game window. Or not try to play a windowed game right next to a window that's explicitly marked as always on top. Or any number of other very simple tweaks.

  I don't think it makes sense to focus on 0.01% corner cases in the process of determining sensible default settings. Defaults should be good for 80-90% of people, and changeable for the rest. Supporting games in adjacent/tiled lower-focused windows underneath top pinned upper windows feels like it's pretty squarely in that minority group where we can feel comfortable saying, "if you need to do this, here is the setting or slight workflow (gameflow?) tweak you can change to make it happen."

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze