D13618: Only add Media Sessions Shim if we find a valid video object

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 19 19:08:46 UTC 2018

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  PBI has two modes for interacting with media + MPRIS, watching the DOM
  tree from it's own JS context for normal controls and a massive
  workaround for crossing contexts to shim the Media Sessions API for
  getting metadata. We currently inject this on every page.

  This patch moves that to only be when we find a valid audio/video
  element, reducing work and risk of breakages on most sites.

TEST PLAN
  Page that used to fail now works
  Still get thumbnails on media sessions test page

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration

BRANCH
  master