Minutes meeting week 24

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 06:38:49 UTC 2018

Hello people,

Sorry for delay in sending this, attached are notes and logs

romangg:

 * pushed D13191 (not in 5.47)
 * more work on pointer constraints:
   * added a test: D13439
   * bug fix: D13466
 * need review:
   * D13257
 * also needs review: D13084
 * My plan for pointer constraints is to make them disappear also whenever the focus surface switches.

notmart:

 * finished and landed the port of plasmashell scripting from QScriptEngine to QJSEngine, tested some lnf scripts such as united and netrunner, a popular script to change wallpaper over dbus....  only KWin to go, with a scripting engine of similar complexity
 * finished and landed kirigami custom colors branch, this one is easy to use on big groups of widgets and doesn't depend on qt 5.11
 ** any kirigami color can be setted and will just be used and inherited for all child items
 ** creation of platformtheme attached properties is faster now as filesystem scan for plugins happens only once per app
 * start of migrating the kirigami gallery to a standalone repo, to change it to a full media-heavy tutorial app
 * fixes in formlayout, better alignment for the label for grouped items like radiobutton groups, and better look in narrow mode
 * New component ActionToolbar which removes some code duplication and exposes for public use D13433

d_ed:

 - I did a kwin change that showed the relevant resize handle for different window edges. Useful if you have two nearby windows
 - (or will be should breeze gets those 9 icons, right now it looks the same)
 - so you see <-|     on the left edge, not <-->
 - and |-> on the right edge
 - and I've been working on my XDGShell stable code in kwin/wayland
 - which is /nearly/ done

ftDev1:

 - I did D13141
 - I'm waiting for the review from notmart in D13372
 - I'll start working on KCM Template. You can find the details from here T8985
 - I'll start working on backend of the Mouse KCM and Touchpad KCM. Details will be on Phab.
 - Other plans can be mentioned later. The ones that I mentioned have the priority.

Sho_:
 * [SysSe] GSoC student meeting; deep in it; now also involving fcitx upstream; midterm eval tomorrow if you have anything to say
 * [SysSe] Minor update to DND Language KCM phab, review stuck, unhappy
 * [TM] put time into debugging Firefox webapp user issue, still couldn't reproduce
 * light plasma week due to fiwg/board/konvi stuff
 * and probably forgetting half my notes

bshah:
 - Qt 5.11 in neon all editions
 - Work on plasma release
 - Please read announcement text once
 - Release tomorrow, if you have a fix that is worth including in 5.13 tars, let me know ASAP.
 - Two other things I need help with,
   - For me wayland session with Qt 5.11 doesn't work: all clients crash, https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-68782
   - For me on X11, rotating output vertically is completely broken, plasma flickers and applications don't render at all on vertically alighned output.

Thanks

--
Bhushan Shah
http://blog.bshah.in