D13390: Fonts KCM: Fix text readability regression

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 6 21:49:22 UTC 2018

rkflx created this revision.
rkflx requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Porting the Fonts KCM to QML in 24b960f92284 <https://phabricator.kde.org/R119:24b960f922844d76b050730c1ea42a4abbefe11c> set the state of the font
  preview labels to `disabled`, resulting in a light gray text with too
  little contrast to enable a usable preview of the chosen font.

  In the `QWidgets` based KCM the following code was used:

    QLabel::setFrameStyle(QFrame::StyledPanel | QFrame::Sunken)

  As that property is not available from QML, we reset the text colour to
  solve the problem. It's still not using the proper frame colour, though,
  but that does not seem like too much of an issue.

  Alternatively we could use a `Frame` and a `Label`, but this approach
  has even more problems, e.g. the frame does not respect the rounded
  border mandated by Breeze, and the horizontal alignment of each row
  would need to be adapted.

TEST PLAN
  Font previews for each category in `kcmshell5 kcm_fonts` should be
  readable again.

  Before: F5894425: fonts-kcm-before.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5894425>
  After: F5894424: fonts-kcm-after.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5894424>
  Ideal look (Plasma 5.12): F5894423: fonts-kcm-5.12.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5894423>

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  fonts-kcm-readability (branched from Plasma/5.13)

AFFECTED FILES
  kcms/fonts/package/contents/ui/FontWidget.qml