D13277: Turn off the extended resize handle/black triangle when there are no borders

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 3 15:21:49 UTC 2018

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  Long time ago, you could not resize windows from outside the window area. So when switching to no border, the only way you could resize a window was: the titlebar, keyboard shortcuts, and this handle. (which provided a reasonably large hit area at the bottom of the windw.
  That's why it was on by default.
  Now, no there is no reason not to turn it off by default, except that it will piss people relying on it (and now they will have to look for the option for turning it on again).
  On the other hand I have seen no good reason, not to keep it on by default either. (might have missed them though). except from "this is ugly" (a word which I hear more and more these days and really come to dislike).
  On the section of devising a general rule by the example, I for one use this handle systematically to resize my borderless konsoles. got used to it, will turn it on systematically if the default is change.

  Feel free to commit. I am tired of arguing.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

BRANCH
  turn-off-black-triangle (branched from master)