D10297: Add new "Tools" button above System Monitor's process list

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jun 2 18:56:28 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  Awesome, I did not expect that the fix for the shortcuts would be so simple. Thanks for your patience, we are nearly there…

INLINE COMMENTS

> ksysguardprocesslist.cpp:421-427
> +    //
> +    // This is one way of how to find out the two required parameters for the globalShortcut method
> +    // (maybe there is a better one):
> +    //     auto list = KGlobalAccel::getGlobalShortcutsByKey(QKeySequence(QStringLiteral("Alt+Space")));
> +    //     foreach (auto item, list) {
> +    //         qDebug() << item.componentUniqueName() << item.uniqueName();
> +    //     }

Left-over debug code?

> ksysguardprocesslist.cpp:429
> +    auto runCommandShortcutList = KGlobalAccel::self()->globalShortcut(QStringLiteral("krunner"), QStringLiteral("run command"));
> +    QString runCommandShortcut = i18nc("a keyboard shortcut", "not set");
> +    if (runCommandShortcutList.size() > 0) {

Do you think it is really necessary to display `not set`? For me, an empty string would also work just fine, now that you are using `\t` instead of `(…)`.

Also I found a way to omit the string and `\t` entirely and let Qt do all the work:

  auto runCommandAction = new QAction(i18nc("@action:inmenu", "Run Command"), this);
  const auto runCommandShortcutList = KGlobalAccel::self()->globalShortcut(QStringLiteral("krunner"), QStringLiteral("run command"));
  if (runCommandShortcutList.size() > 0) {
      runCommandAction->setShortcut(runCommandShortcutList[0]);
  }

REPOSITORY
  R111 KSysguard Library