D12925: Parse global config files. Remove 'Vendor default' option. Fix changes not recognized.

Julian Wolff noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 30 10:20:18 BST 2018

progwolff added a comment.

  Big sorry for being away for so long. I had some things to do that took much more time than initally planned.
  Many thanks to those who fixed the bugs I introduced or created workarounds...

  I tried to get this patch working now. First of all, I want to say a few words about how this patch will remove the "vendor default" option.
  Previously "vendor default" ment that no anti-aliasing entry is written to the local config file. There could however be a global config file that has such an entry.
  As it was already said in some older comments, this is nothing special and many settings exist in other kcms or other applications where we can have both local and global config files. So, we could drop the "vendor default" option here, if we are able to parse the global configs.

  This patch tries to do this by using all config files given by `FcConfigGetConfigFiles`.
  Ater parsing all the config files we know if there is a local anti-aliasing-entry. If there is, any changes will be written to this entry in the local config file.
  If there is not a local anti-aliasing-entry, none will be created unless the option is actually changed in the kcm. If it is changed, a new entry is created in the local config file.
  If the user resets the defaults, the local entry is removed.

  I tested this on my machine without any problems. We should however test this carefully on different systems. There might be some cases I did not think about yet.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop