D14353: Improve alignment of types

Vlad Zagorodniy noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 27 15:26:23 BST 2018

zzag added a comment.

  In D14353#299286 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14353#299286>, @gladhorn wrote:

  > OK, this should be the default for everyone. To have structures packed tight. Then the compiler can decide on alignment/padding (potentially depending on optimization space vs speed)... Is there any other order for members that makes sense?

  IIRC padding stuff, not really. Alignment of each data member depends on its size. E.g. if a data member has 8 byte size, then it will be aligned on 8 byte boundaries; if a data member has 4 byte size, then it will be aligned on 4 byte boundaries. Now, if you have uint32_t before uint64_t, there will be 4 byte hole.

  Also, I, personally, think this optimization is not worth it. It would matter if we have, say, millions of outputs.

REPOSITORY
  R110 KScreen Library