Virtual Desktop and Activities future: Merging proposal

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Tue Jul 24 19:36:57 BST 2018

So, if I understood this correctly, KAMD keeps a list of activities,
and a list of VDs which are usually mapped 1-1, but could also be 1-n.

Adding an activity would mean adding a VD (just one by default).
Removing an activity would mean removing all VDs for that activity.

This could be (I think) easily done as another KAMD plugin. The plugin
could also provide the info about VDs that belong to the current
activity for 'advanced' versions of pager (if they get implemented by
a third party) etc.

This could work. Might end up even being better feature-wise than our
current setup. There were quite a few users who wanted different
number of VDs per-activity.

I think that all group "C" problems could be remedied with custom
Plasma applets.

There is one question, though. Do the new VDs support showing a window
on two different VDs?

Cheers,
Ivan

--
KDE, ivan.cukic at kde.org, http://cukic.co/
gpg key fingerprint: 292F 9B5C 5A1B 2A2F 9CF3  45DF C9C5 77AF 0A37 240A