D14335: Make astronomical Plasma plugin JSON consistent with other plugins and translatable

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 24 16:04:08 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  TD;LR current legacy-based implementation might need that format. Needs complete tested porting to KPlugin.

  I had blindly copying the only other-known-to-me existing plugin data, which also has that metadata schema.
  Cmp. also https://phabricator.kde.org/source/plasma-workspace/browse/master/plasmacalendarintegration/holidayeventsplugin.json

  Looking at https://phabricator.kde.org/source/plasma-framework/browse/master/src/declarativeimports/calendar/eventpluginsmanager.cpp$136 I see now that this is some legacy schema, and one could also use kplugin-based metadata. Might need some other changes to the plugin, like changing the IID. Can have a look later this week.

  But grepping for *.json makes my MIME/Media type heart bleed. Someone(tm) should introduce a proper file suffix (e.g. .kplugindata) for those specific schema.
  We also use .cpp for C++ sources, despite the base format being plain text (.txt).

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons