D12498: Fully remove `Application Name` from Details panel

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 23 18:19:26 BST 2018

bruns added a comment.

  In D12498#296414 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12498#296414>, @ngraham wrote:

  > ...  but I'd still prefer something a little bit more descriptive like "Not provided by <application>"

  The problem is you can not really know the application. While often the Action-ID is derived from the upstream URL in reverse notation, in general it is independent from a specific implementation/application.

  After removing the dreadful "Application: ..." line, the Details pane looks like this:

  | Action              | Eject media from a system drive            |
  | Action ID:          | org.freedesktop.udisks2.eject-media-system |
  | Vendor:             | //The UDisks Project //<link to github>    |
  | polkit.subject-pid: | 6457                                       |
  | polkit.caller-pid:  | 6476                                       |

  "Vendor" is optional according to the spec. So if we had a malformed rule file, it may read like this:

  | Action              | 'Description' not provided, please file a bug report |
  | Action ID:          | org.freedesktop.udisks2.eject-media-system           |
  | polkit.subject-pid: | 6457                                                 |
  | polkit.caller-pid:  | 6476                                                 |

REPOSITORY
  R121 Policykit (Polkit) KDE Agent