D14145: Show a vertical menu for the panel widget options pop-up

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 16 09:22:36 BST 2018

broulik added a comment.

  +1000

  this flyout has annoyed me forever

INLINE COMMENTS

> ConfigOverlay.qml:366
>
> -            LayoutMirroring.enabled: Qt.application.layoutDirection === Qt.RightToLeft
> -            LayoutMirroring.childrenInherit: true
> -
> -            Row {
> -                id: handleRow
> +            Column {
> +                id: handleButtons

I think if you used `ColumnLayout` you could let it figure out the width on its own rather than having to do manual calculations for every item

  ColumnLayout {
      Heading { Layout.fillWidth: true; ... }
      ToolButton { Layout.fillWidth: true; ... }
  }

> ConfigOverlay.qml:374
> +                    level: 4
> +                    maximumLineCount: 1
> +

I think `Heading` never wraps on its own

> ConfigOverlay.qml:381
>                      iconSource: "configure"
> +                    text: i18n("Configure")
>                      onClicked: {

Doesn't this need an ellipsis, `i18n("Configure...")`

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop