D13850: Remove pointless setMin/setMax size on DesktopView

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 2 15:57:40 BST 2018

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  On X, this is entirely useless.There's a special code path in create for
  windowType == Desktop and in ::setGeometry it doesn't seem to help/hinder.
  It's not like we need WM_NORMAL_HINTS for a WM to resize us.

  On wayland it's downright destructive.
  On the second setGeometry call the QPA bounds the new geography to the
  current min/max (from our previous screenGeometryChanged). But updating
  the min/max doesn't update our geometry. End result is our screen is
  off.

TEST PLAN
  Resized screen on Wayland. Wallpaper now filled exactly instead of being broken
  Resized screen on Xcb. Wallpaper still filled the screen precisely

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master