D10217: Choose source with a combobox, but only on the desktop view

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 31 22:07:21 UTC 2018

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added reviewers: apol, Discover Software Store, VDG.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Here I am again, hawking my combobox... :)

  This patch uses a combobox to select the source, but only for the desktop view. People are always complaining that Discover's desktop view doesn't feel like a desktop app, and using a desktop-metaphor UI element here would help the situation, I believe.

  On mobile, the UI is unchanged, and we show the overlay, which has always felt more mobile-like anyway. It's more at home on that view.

  When there is only a single source, we show a simple label for both desktop and mobile.

TEST PLAN
  Tested in KDE Neon. Source switching still works for all views and apps.

  Desktop view, single source:

  Desktop view, multiple sources:

  Desktop view, source chooser in action:

  Mobile view, single source: