D10170: Added optional transparency/blur to menu frames

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 31 17:42:24 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  FWIW, I don't think I'd ever want this enabled by default, and I'm leery of adding the option to Breeze. I'm not sure how much it really fits the visual style. Only very very subtle blur transparency would ever work here without becoming garish and distracting--and such a low level IMHO calls into question what the point even is.

  For years, macOS experimented with making things transparent and blurry. People made fun of them. Then Microsoft did it, but even worse. People made fun of them, too. Since then, both of those companies have mostly moved away from blur transparency in their operating systems, or made it optional. I really don't see how letting people move closer towards their historical design mistakes helps us here.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze