D10183: Adjust spacing between text and plotter line in Speed tab of nm applet

Raghavendra Kamath noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 29 19:49:28 UTC 2018

kamathraghavendra added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in TrafficMonitor.qml:55
> Semantically it's weird to use the size of an icon for a margin, unless you're trying to line up with an icon. There's a medium sized icon in the toolbar, which I assume is the intent here.
>
> Can you rewrite this as "units.iconSizes.medium + largeSpacing"
>
> Should equate to the same value, but self-documents what it's actually doing and handles a user changing icon sizes in the config file.

Thank you very much for the pointer.

I tried adding the medium size with large spacing, but for some reason it returns empty value and the lines got overlapped
F5682153: Screenshot_20180130_005814.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5682153>

So I suggest a different method of using "units.gridUnit * 3" since everything else is also calculated with this property, it is suitable here I think. Also this returns to 54 while earlier the iconSizes.larger returned 48 , this is not harmful because we anyways wanted some more space to accommodate longer text.

So changing this to "units.gridUnit * 3" gave a reasonable space and it is independent of the icons size now. which gives the below result
F5682158: Screenshot_20180130_011342.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5682158>

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet