D10146: Further improve quality of images in notifications (Bug 385097)

Randy Kron noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 27 16:11:01 UTC 2018

rkron created this revision.
rkron added reviewers: Plasma: Workspaces, Plasma, broulik.
rkron added projects: Plasma, Spectacle.
rkron requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  BUG: 385097

  This revision further improves the quality of images in notifications that was addressed in revision https://phabricator.kde.org/D9993. When I first looked into this, I tried setting ScaleType on the PreviewJob but it had no effect. I found that the preview images were being scaled to the small vertical size that was requested, and this resulted in my first revision. I should have tried setting ScaleType in addition.

  Notification with unpatched libnotificationshelperplugin.so

  F5677396: before.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5677396>

  Notification with patch applied

  F5677397: after.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5677397>

TEST PLAN
  Take screenshot with Spectacle with unpatched libnotificationshelperplugin.so  installed and observe the blurry preview image in the notification.

  Install the patched libnotificationshelperplugin.so and restart plasmashell.

  Take another screenshot with Spectacle and observe the much improved quality of the preview image in the notification.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/notifications/plugin/thumbnailer.cpp