D10131: Expose more URLs relevant to the app

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 27 00:36:18 UTC 2018

apol added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ApplicationPage.qml:39
> +    readonly property string donationURL: application.donationURL
> +    readonly property string version: appInfo.application.isInstalled ? appInfo.application.installedVersion : appInfo.application.availableVersion
> +

Here actually we probably want to be a bit smarter. If it's updateable we probably want to reflect it as well.

> ApplicationPage.qml:354
> +            // "Make a Donation" row
> +            QQC2.Label {
> +                visible: donationURL.length > 0

How about:

  QQC2.Label {
      visible: donationButton.visible
      Layout.alignment: Qt.AlignRight
      text: i18n("Make a Donation:")
  }
  LinkButton {
      id: donationButton
      visible: text.length > 0
      text: application.donationURL
      onClicked: Qt.openUrlExternally(donationURL)
      elide: Text.ElideRight
      Layout.fillWidth: true
      horizontalAlignment: Text.AlignLeft
  }

This way we don't need to have random top-level properties for every single thing.
Also note that referring to properties by name is considered expensive. So it should have been `appInfo.donationURL)`.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store