D9638: [effects] replace old slide effect with a new one

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 25 20:25:09 UTC 2018

graesslin added a comment.
Restricted Application edited projects, added Plasma; removed KWin.

  > Docks are drawn above all windows by the following code:
  >
  >   for (EffectWindow* w : windows) {
  >       if (! w->isDock()) {
  >           continue;
  >       }
  >       WindowPaintData dockData(w);
  >       int dockMask = mask
  >           | (w->hasAlpha() ? PAINT_WINDOW_TRANSLUCENT
  >                            : PAINT_WINDOW_OPAQUE);
  >       effects->drawWindow(w, dockMask, infiniteRegion(), dockData);
  >   }
  >

  > (`WindowForceBackgroundContrastRole` and `WindowForceBlurRole` are set at the beginning of the slide animation)
  >
  > Am I missing something?

  I have an idea: the problem might be how you create the WindowPaintData. The ctor you use creates the WindowPaintData with an identity screenProjectionMatrix. This might be wrong in this case. The blur effect seems to use it.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin