Re: Comments for ‘The Lord of the Rings’ references in fuzzy clock widget

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Tue Jan 23 21:09:32 UTC 2018

Karl Ove Hufthammer ha scritto:
> The translation file for the ‘fuzzy clock’ widget now contains some strange
> ‘times of day’, like ‘Elevenses’ and ‘Second Breakfast’. It turns out that
> these are actually references to the ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and ‘The Hobbit’
> novels:
>
>   https://phabricator.kde.org/D7747?id=21834
>
> However, the .po files don’t contain any of this information!

I added a comment in the review, so the people suscribed to it should already
have seen it, but let's put plasma-devel in CC

> Could someone please add some comments to the file (in a way that they are
> automatically included in the translation .po files) to tell the translators
> about this? Preferably with both a *reference* to ‘The Lord of the Rings’ and
> information on the which time of day each term corresponds to (e.g. that
> ‘Second Breakfast’ is 9 a.m.). Then we can either look up the correct
> translations (if ‘The Lord of the Rings’ novels are translated into our
> language) or make up our own translations (if they aren’t) based on the time
> information.

I'm pretty sure that ‘The Lord of the Rings’ is translated in almost all
languages; in any case (but I didn't check yet) apparently the list presented
(with separate dinner and supper) seems to come from the movies (also probably
dubbed or at least subtitles).

Ciao
--
Luigi