DBus statusnotifier (aka systray) daemon/bridge for GTk/XFCE environments?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 13:14:15 UTC 2018

>>It's not plasma-specific
>
> It is. Hence the name...

Just have a look at what it actually does; nothing requires a plasma environment
to be present (with the possible exception of the look-and-feel feature but
that's far from crucial). Its goal is to provide theming (visual and
behavioural) for Qt5 applications so they follow a set of guidelines.

> and not surprisingly, you having issues when it
> integrates with Plasma.

Nope, that's not what is happening here. Please read again, there is no Plasma,
the plugin is not implicated, and any issues I'm dealing with here exist whether
or not the plugin is installed. I'm simply not looking for support with that
plugin. Just forget I ever mentioned it.

>>I'll be looking into that too today.
>
> Please do not waste your time or my time in trying to "fix" issues in an
> already broken setup.

Excuse me? Not only did I not ask you anything, the set-up in question (Mac with
the official XQuartz environment installed, plus official MacPorts versions of
XFCE, DBus etc.) is not broken but perfectly legitimate. A similar and similarly
legitimate situation can exist on MSWin with Cygwin installed.
If my analysis is correct that is not an issue for this ML.