Fwd: KDE CI: Plasma ksshaskpass kf5-qt5 SUSEQt5.9 - Build # 11 - Still Failing!

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Mon Jan 22 06:30:48 UTC 2018

On Sonntag, 21. Jänner 2018 22:40:31 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 10:15 AM, Martin Koller <kollix at aon.at> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Martin,
>

> > On Sonntag, 21. Jänner 2018 20:43:42 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> >> Hi Martin,
> >>
> >> Looks like your latest commit to ksshaskpass doesn't build.
> >> Could you please take a look?
> >
> > I don't understand this.
> >
> > Why does my new line fail
> >         QRegularExpression re3a("^(Password|Username) for \"(.*?)\"$");
> >
> > and all the others don't
> >         QRegularExpression re3("^(Password|Username) for (.*?)[:] $");
> >         QRegularExpression re2("^Bad passphrase, try again for (.*?)( \\(will confirm each use\\))?: $");
> >
> > etc.
> >
> > All of these use QString(const char*)
> >
> > Is the define QT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII used during compilation ?
> > If so, all QRegularExpression's should fail.
> >
> > I can of course now wrap all strings in QLatin1String() but first I'd like to understand
> > why only my new line fails.
>
> From my understanding Laurent has recently been making changes
> throughout various parts of KDE applications which do have the effect
> of enabling QT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII.

nice :-(

> The CI system doesn't do anything
> special compared to anyone else when compiling software - any defines
> such as this one will be set by CMake so this should be showing up
> locally for you as well.

no, I don't see it, but I just compile ksshaskpass using the locally installed
KF5 5.42 libs.

> I'm not sure why only the new line is failing, it could be the
> compiler only complaining about the first instance it hits though?

Yes, that might be possible.
Nevertheless, I have now wrapped all exising strings in QStringLiteral
and it compiles when I explicitely set QT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.lillehus.at