KDE and Google Summer of Code 2018

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 23:35:47 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 7:25 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> El divendres, 19 de gener de 2018, a les 10:42:44 CET, Marco Martin va
> escriure:
> > On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 8:15 PM, Nate Graham <pointedstick at zoho.com>
> wrote:
> > > I've submitted an idea for System Settings: Improve handling for
> touchpads
> > > and mice with Libinput
> >
> > Speaking of systemsettings, would be a good fit porting to qml some
> > medium-to-big kcm?
>
> What's the actual benefit of that porting?

Unifying and fixing all our KCMs is the intention, there's new designs from
Andy.
Use of QtQuick is a side effect, but the intended direction if we're
rewriting something anyway.

There's multiple threads on plasma-devel if you have something to follow
up. I don't think it's something for the GSOC thread as it's work already
happening. Thread "System Settings KCM Tidying" is probably the best
overview.

David