DBus statusnotifier (aka systray) daemon/bridge for GTk/XFCE environments?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 10:13:29 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm running a simple XFCE environment on a Unix rig (not Linux) and thought some dependency was missing because the xfce4-panel notification area remained empty - until I noticed that it works just fine when GTk2 applications try to use it. Following the initialisation I now see that the Qt5 systray set-up fails because there's nothing listening on the DBus

Is there something like a daemon/server utility that acts as a Qt/KDE compatible StatusNotifierHost on the DBus and generally as an interface so Qt5 and KF5 systrays work with the xfce4-panel application?

FWIW, I thought this was standard functionality...

Thanks,
R.