Allow removal of taskbar panel shadow in Wayland?

thorbsd thorbsd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 01:47:43 UTC 2018

Hi, I keep my taskbar panel on the left side of my screen and use a
script at startup to hide the shadow:

#!/bin/sh
for WID in `xwininfo -root -tree | sed '/"Plasma": ("plasmashell"
"plasmashell")/!d; s/^  *\([^ ]*\) .*/\1/g'`; do
   xprop -id $WID -remove _KDE_NET_WM_SHADOW
done

This doesn't work under Wayland (obviously).

Are there any modifications I can make to this script so it will work under
Wayland?
Is there any possibility for adding an option to hide the plasma panel
shadows?