D9980: Do not reset the size of window once we move it to an edge

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 20 14:42:22 UTC 2018

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> jgrulich wrote in shell_client.cpp:300-301
> I don't have the log from WAYLAND_DEBUG enabled at this moment, but there was definitely this state advertised together with the correct size, at least from what I remember it called configure ( (0x1 | 0x8), 1920, 1080) ) or so once I finished the move, but I didn't investigate what those flags mean.

Yeah, I don't doubt that this is the problem. In fact I consider it as very likely. Just we cannot remove the connects as that would break in other ways.

Actually I have an idea what change broke it. I recently reworked the request size blocker together with the BlockGeometryUpdate. I think I just removed one too many.  I was probably too confident in the tests not breaking. But it's kind of obvious: the quick tiling tests only operate with wl_shell windows and not with xdg_shell.

Which also means for the tests: ideally it's sufficient to switch to xdg_shell or add xdg_shell. Most interesting could be the QuickTilingTest::testQuickTilingPointerMove

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin