D1230: GBM remote access support for KWin

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 18 12:38:14 UTC 2018

romangg added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1230#192516, @Kanedias wrote:

  > After it is working we'll have an implicit confirmation that these patches indeed have not regressed and can be merged.

  I don't fully understand what this means, but in general I think it sounds like a good plan. I just talked to David as well, and we agreed on making it our top priority after 5.12 release to finish this review.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1230#192706, @jgrulich wrote:

  > I see you have made some progress here, I had similar intentions to bring support for PipeWire to KWin as it's something we develop in Red Hat and trying to push it forward, but I'm still a newbie in this area and trying to understand the stuff around still. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I have an opportunity to talk to Wim Taymans (author of PipeWire) and attend a small PipeWire hackfest we will have in Brno's Red Hat office in two weeks so if there is anything I can help with, what should I discuss, suggest, whatever, just let me know, I would really like to help here.

  Great! Can you or @Kanedias  then open a new KWin task here on Phabricator for everything related to the additional PipeWire support? We could then use this task to store questions for Wim and later the answers.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin