D1230: GBM remote access support for KWin

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 17 12:57:16 UTC 2018

romangg added a comment.

  I talked to @graesslin some time ago and he said, that @davidedmundson and I should do the review.

  My plan is to get this review going after 5.12 has landed. For Plasma 5.13 then.

  I would like to see at least some progress regarding PipeWire before that though. This has one reason mainly:  I don't want to send out the signal to the public, that we would be only interested in our own solutions and would be not willing to cooperate with other DEs to get to unified ones on Wayland. On the other hand I can understand @Kanedias, that maintaining this patch set about such a long time was annoying and he wants to get done with it. So maybe we can find a compromise in setting up a separate task with a plan on what needs to be done after the patch has landed to integrate this solution with PipeWire. Could you do this @Kanedias? Just with some bullets points on what would probably be your next steps to integrate PipeWire with your solution here after the patches have landed?

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin