D9848: Updated the blur method to use the more efficient dual kawase blur algorithm.

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 13 09:40:51 UTC 2018

davidedmundson added a comment.
Restricted Application edited projects, added Plasma; removed KWin.

  Definitely not for 5.12 material with the release this close, but in general I'm in favour of it with the 4 months of testing we'd get if we went with this soon after branching.

  In general, I think it makes sense. Academically the change is sound[1] - and the results certainly look good.

  @anemeth can you set the simple mode and make sure you haven't regressed there please.

  [1]https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2014/07/15/an-investigation-of-fast-real-time-gpu-based-image-blur-algorithms

INLINE COMMENTS

> blur.cpp:93
> +
>      delete shader;
> +    shader = NULL;

m_simpleTarget needs deleting

> blur.cpp:186
> +    }
> +
> +    renderTargets.clear();

m_simpleTarget no longer gets updated on screen changes.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin