D9838: [Task Manager] Reverse DBus setup order

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 12 09:36:48 UTC 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, hein.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  First connect to the signal, then register the object, and only at last register the service.
  Otherwise it might expose a not yet fully operational service on DBus.

TEST PLAN
  I made an app that listens for Unity service to be registered and send its badge info once it's there. Without this it would fire the signal before we connected to it resulting in the badge not showing on Plasma startup, with this patch it works.
  iirc this is also what Thiago always said you should do when he did the threaded dbus changes in Qt 5.6

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/taskmanager/plugin/smartlaunchers/smartlauncherbackend.cpp