D9764: [WIP] a basic TabletModeManager

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 11 10:10:48 UTC 2018

mart added a comment.
Restricted Application edited projects, added KWin; removed Plasma.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9764#188910, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > maybe one could still work around by connecting blindly to that by hand
  >
  > There's nothing inherently wrong with doing that. Assuming the DBus API is stable is as valid and as easy as assuming the a library is valid and stable.
  >
  > If you're going to expose it in Kirigami, then I wouldn't bother doing anything else.

  yeah, we have to promiseapi stability for all kf5 like on that kwin interface, that's for sure.
  ok, so kirigami already has a public library as well, so if done here, this could be used directly in qml (there is already a singleton which exposes an ismobile variable, which not would change dinamically at runtime), but also from any c++ program, which would be nice.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  mart/tabletMode