shared maintenance of APIs for accessing online multimedia content

Patrice Taravel ptaravel at outlook.fr
Tue Jan 9 16:48:15 UTC 2018

Hello,

Just a simple mail to share my experience.

In the past, I coded an UPnP Control Point similar at AIVCtrl (https://github.com/ptstream/QtUPnP).
This control point could access at Spotify and Qobuz servers (after connection, browse server contents,  manage favorites and playlists, ...).
The result is :

The good things first.
1. It is not very complicated to code using their Web API.
2. Their API run fine.

Second the bad things.
1. Spotify grant the access of the music only for Android and IOS applications. Not for the Web APIS (you have just access at 30s in mp3 format and not for all tracks).
2 . Qobuz refused to send the access codes to read their servers for the desktop application. The reason given is that desktop applications are their domain.

Conclusion
Do not make like me, ask for access codes before coding.

Best regards,
Patrice