D9627: Use combobox to choose shadow size and use more appropriate values for menu & tooltip shadow sizes

Andres Betts noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 5 17:47:22 UTC 2018

abetts added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9627#186584, @hpereiradacosta wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9627#186582, @abetts wrote:
  >
  > > Would you consider changing the word "Normal" for something more related to measurements? For example, regular, default, current. Normal works better in other languages like Spanish where it is related to measurements. In English that link is not as strong.
  >

  > For the record, normal is already used at many places: decoration border sizes, decoration button sizes to cite a few.
  >  Back in the days I was explicitly asked to change Default to Normal.

  That is why I was thinking that maybe using words to describe it is harder than numbers. Could we consider using numbers instead of words? @hpereiradacosta Normal is not a bad words but doesn't work well in English when explaining measurements. Hence my suggestion.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

BRANCH
  master